FN M249S SAW 5.56mm Belt-Fed Semi-Auto Rifle
Description:The FN M249S, a semi-automatic version of the M249 SAW light machine gun, was originally developed by FN Herstal as the FN MINIMI and adopted by the U.S. military in 1988. The rifle features the signature 18.5-inch FN cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined barrel and operates from a closed-bolt position. Chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO, the rifle will accept both magazine and linked ammunition belt.
- Semi-auto replica of the government-issue FN M249 SAW
- Robust gas system
- Formed steel frame with claw extractor design
- Fixed, pivoting ejector, plus side ejection of cases
- Top cover integrated MIL-STD-1913 mounting rail for sighting systems
- Folding steel bipod
- Folding carry handle
- Flip-up feed tray cover and feed mechanism
- Quick-change barrel capability
- 18.5″ cold hammer-forged steel
- Hard chrome-plated bore and chamber
- Removable heat shield
- Highly ergonomic polymer buttstock assembly with hydraulic recoil buffer system and non-slip buttplate
- Crossbolt safety
- Curved trigger for improved finger position and control
- Redesigned trigger mechanism for semi-auto fire
- Non-reciprocating charging handle
- Standard disintegrating link belt-fed
- Under-mounted polymer ammunition container helps keep ammunition cleaner for reduced wear and added reliability
- CALIBER: 5.56x45mm
- OPERATION: Closed-bolt
- MAG CAPACITY: 200 Rd. belt or 30 Rd. mag
- WEIGHT: 17.2 lb.
- BARREL LENGTH: 18.5"
- OVERALL LENGTH: 40.75"
- OVERALL HEIGHT: 9.5"
- TRIGGER PULL: 8 - 15.5 lb.
- TWIST RATE: 1:7 RH