B&T TRITON Expandable Steel Baton
Description:Built to the highest standards, B&T introduced the next generation of self-defense batons, the TRITON. The baton was developed after extensive user feedback to create a professional tool for policing that would withstand the harshest environments while providing the longest service life.
The TRITON baton was originally designed to adhere to strict German Police specifications. With only 24 parts it is not only rugged but reliable. Swiss engineered and made out of the highest grade materials, it will perform under the most adverse conditions.
- Heat treated German Steel for maximum strength, durability and service life
- Proprietary corrosion resistant coating
- Designed to resist dynamic stress and wear
- Robust locking mechanism made of tempered steel
- No bounce back effect when deployed dynamically, due to distinctive locking
- Collapsible with one hand, no striking or rotation of the tube necessary NO internal plastic parts
- Swiss made quality and perfection
- Length min./max.: 8.66 inches / 19.68 inches
- Diameter: 1.5 inches
- Weight: 20.45 ounces
Excellent, sturdy construction. Snappy deployment requires deliberate intention but not too much effort. Collapses easily. Recommended to a friend.
It's a B&T. Enuff said
To start, the Triton baton does have play in the open position. It is obviously designed to be that way, keep in mind it is an all steel construction baton. No plastic part to act as a friction support and subsequently wear out. When the Triton is expanded, it is truly locked in place. It cannot be closed by any other method than to use the well made button release. Closing the baton is butter smooth. Opening the Triton takes a deliberate swing as the retention springs are stiff. The unit I received is designated for the US market. Also the date of manufacture is may 2020, I received it early July 2020, so these are fresh off of the assembly line! High grade GERMAN steel. Extensive heat treatment and triplex coating of the tube. Designed to permanently resist dynamic stress. Extremely robust locking mechanism made of tempered steel. No internal plastic parts. No bounce back effect when deployed dynamically. Extra-long shaft overlapping (40mm), greatest on the market.